It’s September again, and that means we’ve wrapped up our ninth year of publication — it’s Every Day Fiction’s ninth birthday, and we’re into our tenth year of publication.
We’ll most likely remember Year Nine as the year of our biggest challenges, so reaching the end of it is a good thing. But every year that a literary magazine survives is a good one. We’ll have a Table of Contents for September up in a few days, but in the meantime, here are some ways you can help us celebrate:
- Comment on a story. Our authors appreciate knowing what readers think of their work. You don’t have to be a writer or literary critic to share your reaction.
- Give a few stories some star-rating love. Putting some stars on a story tells the author someone read it, and also helps build our Top Stories lists. It’s anonymous, easy, and makes everyone happy. Our archives have nearly 3000 stories for you to choose from…
- Polish up your flash fiction! Our submission system is currently being tested by one final group of authors, and we anticipate opening it to the public later this month. Get your stories ready!
- Support us on Patreon. Our Patreon supporters make our continued existence possible. And to our current and ongoing Patreon supporters, thank you!
- Volunteer. Would you like to get involved with EDF? Look for a post later this week for information about volunteering as a slush reader and other ways you can participate.
- Share our stories. At the bottom of every story we publish, you’ll find convenient share buttons — email, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, G+, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn… When you share one of our stories with your circle of friends, you help us grow.
- Listen to a podcast. We’ve recently started restoring our podcast archives from backups and other sources. Travel back to the early days of EDF with some of the older podcasts.
Well, that’s it. Virtual cake and balloons for everyone! Happy birthday, EDF — at least we’re all still here. Huge love to all of you.