Every Day Fiction respects your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- We are providing something requested or desired by you (including but not limited to short fiction emailed to your inbox) and need your Personal Data to customize and/or deliver it; and
- We have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us.
This policy page was most recently updated on May 23, 2018. It may be changed or updated from time to time, so please check back here regularly to ensure you are familiar with its current content.
Personal Data collected via this website
This website automatically collects certain information when you visit – including what link you clicked to arrive at the site, the pages you’ve viewed, the time of your visit, your IP address and the country from which it appears to originate, the type of browser and operating system you use, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. This data is collected by our website security plugin to identify and block hackers and other malicious threats.
You may also choose to provide additional information to us by commenting or using the contact form. This information is voluntarily provided by you and will be guarded and treated with respect by us.
Cookies on this website are set to automatically expire after one month. Please see the help section of your web browser if you wish to learn how to erase cookies before they expire.
Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we (and the services we rely on) use your Personal Data to:
- manage this website and keep it safe (i.e., website security);
- respond to questions, comments and requests (i.e., contact form and post comments);
- improve our services and website through analysis of information (i.e., Google Analytics).
Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others (unless required by law or urgent safety concerns), except as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services.
Reasonable and current security measures are in place to protect your information from theft or exposure.
Retention of your Personal Data
Age of consent for Personal Data collection
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can contact us to:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including how and why we have it and whom it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change or correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us with regard to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.